Welcome to the Gator Amateur Radio Club, GARC, a University of Florida Student Organization. The W4DFU amateur radio station was established in 1934 and represents the Gator Nation internationally on a daily basis, through HF, Satellite and Echolink. We are RadioActive Gators!
The Gator Amateur Radio Club Meetings holds monthly meetings, station nights/open houses and other events. Exact dates/location/times and events are posted on the calendar/meetings page.
|Above: Our HF1 station - Flex Radio Flex5000A Software Defined (SDR) transceiver and a Mosley Pro67 Yagi -||
Technician License Class and Test Session on Feb. 15, 2014.
link for details and to register
||Above - Gator Nation Earth Station|
Dr. Garlitz finishes trip to Banaba Is, Fiji and Tarawa.
See the QSL's...
|Early scoring Oct. 2013 School Roundup has UF #1 overall||SwampSat launches Nov.19|
||Use our Top Page menu or Quick Links below the photos to start out on a fun W4DFU adventure...|
Our Collins Era 1957 Gear has come home in 2013
- Membership information and Club Membership Application
Satellite Station, a primer
for new members -
Echolink use primer -
Online Primer for using the W4DFU GNES SAT station - Operating Oscar Satellites Portable
- Club equipment, manuals, antennas and directions for operation, operating aids
- W4DFU Echolink operating instructions
- Club activities such as Our W4DFU 2m Repeater and Satellites at W4DFU
- W4DFU Weather Station A live display from the weather station on the roof of the Dental Science Building
- Equipment for Checkout Equipment for checkout at The Gator Amateur Radio Club (W4DFU) at the University of Florida
- Lending Library. Books about Amateur Radio for check-out at W4DFU, updated Feb. 2011
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org ; Faculty co-advisor, Dr. Jay Garlitz, AA4FL (352) 246-6003
Gator Amateur Radio Club, P.O. Box 100012, University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32610-0012 Station: (352) 846-0239 Last updated 02/06/2014